Carpentry & Joinery
Carpentry and Joinery – Taunton and surrounding area
Traditional methods and workmanship are provided to both commercial and domestic clients with bespoke solutions.
- Roofing – Traditional cut roofing designed and installed, including: hips, valleys, dormer windows and roof lights etc. Various roof coverings i.e. clay/concrete tiles, man-made and traditional slates and lead work etc.
- Restoration /Refurbishment – Repairs /timber and plaster re-instatement following chemical treatments to floors, walls etc. Extensive site investigations carried out prior to commencement of works with reference to suspected dry rot.
- Stairs – Stairs overhauled and repaired. Balustrading, handrails and newel posts upgraded, repaired or reconfigured. Replacement parts supplied and fitted.
- Period Mouldings – Supply and fit of all ‘one off’ moulded timbers made to match existing i.e dado rails, architraves, skirting boards and panelling etc.
- Flooring – All traditional timber flooring fitted including oak and pine. Renovations of all floor joists and repairs carried out if necessary. Full mechanical sanding, sealing and staining/ wax finishing applied.
- Doors – Exterior doors and doorways renewed or repaired. Period replacements fitted as required. Internal doors and linings replaced, upgraded or repaired. Trade ’off-shelf’ doors supplied and fitted. All ironmongery, both bespoke and trade sourced and fitted.
- Windows – Repairs and renewals. Sliding sashes overhauled and box frames repaired. Supply and fit ‘off-shelf’ trade timber windows as required.
- Furniture – Built-in bookcases, wardrobes and cupboards designed and built to suit individual situations complimentary to period property requirements.
- Kitchens – Supply and fit trade kitchens. Alterations to existing units, worktops and accessories (including plumbing and electrical installation).